Terrorist Attack following France, Germany match on Friday

Printer-friendly versionSend by emailPDF version
France,Germany,World Cup,

Photo: Fans gather on the field at the Stade de France (AP)

The Stade de France Stadium was sent into a frenzy on Friday night after the completion of the World Cup qualifier involving the home team France and Germany. The match ended 2-0 in favour of the French team over the World Champions.

As the fans and spectators make ready their way to exit the Stadium, loud explosions were heard sending the masses scampering for covers. Most of them took to the infield, huddling together after the final whistle, before being evacuated.

The first of two explosions had been heard in the ground during the first-half, just hours after the German team were evacuated from their hotel amid a bomb scare. The game was played with increased security forces.

It is now being reported that three people dead and several more injured at the stadium.

The president of the French Football Federation, Noel Le Graet said: 'The evening was spoiled by the events around the Stade de France. There was an explosion at the entrance of the J door causing three deaths and some wounded. But at this time, the stadium is secure. People can exit normally”

They was reported visible distress on the fans faces as they pondered what was happening, but it’s now reported French police have regained control.

There was a shootout inside a nearby restaurant on the Rue Bichat, two explosions near the stadium and another shooting at the Paris Bataclan concert hall where terrorists were said to be holding 60 people hostage.

The early incident according to the Germany coach Joachim Low had his team on the edge from earlier on. 'We were told in the changing rooms what had happened. All of us on the bench were a bit scared because of a bomb threat earlier today when we spent three hours outside (our hotel)’he told the French Sports News media

After the post-game incident he expressed that the entire team is in shock